Don't see Annie if ....... you had a perfect infancy, an idyllic childhood and all of your emotional needs have always been met.
You will not need to talk to Annie if any of the following apply to you:
- If you weren’t hurt, neglected, rejected or badly misunderstood by the adults responsible for you while you were growing up.
- If you never experienced bullying at home, school or at work.
- If you never experienced favouritism at home, school or at work.
- If you never felt like an outsider.
- If you never looked in the mirror and felt unattractive
- If you never got betrayed or hurt in a love relationship or attachment.
- If you never comforted yourself with substances, food or drink, gambling or anything similar
- If you never experienced traumatic loss of something much loved: a person, a dream or a job.
- If you were never hurt by criticism.
- If you never pretended or fantasised yourself to be more special or important than you felt yourself to be.
- If you never felt terror of failure, death or rejection.
- If you never doubted the point of your existence or wished you weren’t here.
- If you never felt devalued or put down because of your looks, your class, your nationality, you accent, your age, your gender or your religion.
If none of those apply to you, then you probably don’t have a mental health or emotional issue that Annie can help you with.